28 August 2007

Manga Bible announced


First off, I don't keep up with manga at all. I stumbled across this article earlier and I thought that it was interesting. For those who don't know about manga; it is the Japanese word for comics. For most everyone outside Japan, it refers to comics that originate from Japan.

According to manganews.net, the Manga Messiah and Manga Bible will be released this fall. The former being a representation of the four gospels of the New Testament which will be released in September 2007. The Manga Bible, will be released in November 2007.

I think that this is really a great idea for youth who are intimidated by the complexity of the Bible or those who have put off reading it because it is "boring". There are a lot of good life lessons and good messages throughout the Bible that I believe that youth can relate to.

I'm sure there will be some out there that won't see this as such a good thing and will try to denounce it, but I figure that if people don't like it they don't have to read it. Overall, I see this as a great way to spread the word and love of Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just making a return comment. I appreciate that you were nice in the comment you left to me though we do share very different views.

I was in a bad mood the day I left the comment on Geeknews, but don't get me wrong, I have no problem with those that want to believe in God. Its more with those that seem to want to find more and more ways to convert everyone they can.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.

Take Care,
-Joseph